Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Echelon/Bush/Terrorism

I've been working up a good rant on the kerfuffle regarding Bush supposedly infringing on our civil rights by listening to the phone calls of bad guys. Thankfully, a much better writer than I did one:

In order for me to enjoy the not-getting-my-ass-blown-up lifestyle to which I’ve become accustomed, people who love sending care packages of cash and semtex to post-office boxes in Central Asia have to give up the privilege of making private phone calls to their relatives in Whocaresistan. Is it fair? Of course not. Nothing in life is. But we make the best we can with what we’ve got, and right now that means telling the Islamist sympathizers to sit down and shut up while we go poking through their mail.

*******

So if you want to sit there and tell me, all earnest and shit, that it’s not about politics, that you’re just concerned about the law, that’s fine. You go right ahead. I’ll occupy the time while you’re speaking by sitting here and not believing a word that you say. Because we both know the truth, even though only one of us is willing to speak it aloud. You don’t give two shits about the law. All you care about is the fact that you hate George Bush. You’ve hated him so long, and so fervently, that you’ve totally forgotten why. But that hate remains even though the cause for it is gone, and it colors everything you say and do. So just keep talking, asshole. Keep telling me that you want to see the sitting President of the United States “frog-marched to the hoosegow” for enacting entirely legal measures to defend this country during a time of war, but that the Republicans in Congress were jerks for tainting Saint Clinton’s second term over “just a blow job.” Keep right on, man. Because I know where you’re coming from, and I know what you’re really thinking.

Meanwhile, I’m gonna continue to enjoy those freedoms that the President is acting to defend. You know. Like his oath said he would.


And- if you think Bush has turned all fascist on us, I think you need to research Echelon which was utilized by Bill Clinton for reasons other than crazy-assed-Islamofascists (the actual fascists in this scenario) trying to kill us all.

Really, some days I just sit and wonder what is going through the heads of Democrats. In the effort to convince that Bush is the spawn of Satan, no sacrifice is too great. Even the destruction of our country.

In addendum - so, I was just wondering how Hillary stands on all this? Humn, haven't heard much from her, have you? I wonder why?