Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh Lord ...

iTunes. Songs about Obama.

I honestly don't know what to say. I wonder if people wrote songs about Hitler or Mugabe. I don't make the comparison because I fear that Obama is evil, but simply because the cult of Obama creeps me right the hell out. The man hasn't done anything yet, save for get elected. To worship or idolize him at this point is to voluntarily hand over your liberty . Because a hero or a saint can do no wrong.

Anyway, while I worry about I future, you Obamabots can, for the low, low price of $47.52 own "Songs about Obama." I guess you can listen to it while you dust your Obama commemorative plates.

Update:

iTunes isn't the only one; on the 20th the "very cool" Obama Soundtrack will hit the stores. Oh goodie.

The CD features a dozen stars including Stevie Wonder, who contributed a totally new track called “All About the Love Again.” The single, destined to be Wonder’s biggest hit in more than a decade, is a sizzling fresh slice of R&B, very updated and ready to embraced in remixes, etc.

The other artists on the album include Maroon 5 with their own new track, “Pure Imagination (2009),” plus will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas, Sheryl Crow, Lenny Kravitz, India.Arie, Melissa Etheridge, Usher, James Taylor, Jennifer Hudson, Death Cab for Cutie, Ozomatli, Robin Thicke, The Tony Rich Project, Wilco, Bebe Winans, rapper Common, Lionel Richie, and Melissa Etheridge.


I would offer-up a boycott of the artists, but seeing as though the chances of me purchasing the works of any of the aforementioned artists is slim to nonexistent, that seems like a rather hallow threat.

And, again, my gripe is that this whole thing is just creepy.