Saturday, May 26, 2007

Diet News

Ok, I'm doing the Martha's Vineyard Detox Diet. You can google it. Go ahead, I'll wait. Anyway, I ordered all the extra stuff I need, but couldn't get at the local health food stores. Acutally, I could have gotten some of it locally , but it was at least TWICE as expensive. Since none of it the stuff (green drinks, colon cleansing pills, digestive enzymes - etc) has arrived yet, but I don't really feel like waiting a week to start, I've kinda-sorta started the diet.

Basically, it's a fresh fruit/ veggie diet. That makes it sound a tad flakey.

Basically, the day is made up of Berry drinks (drinks made up of berrie), and Green Drinks (which can be rather nasty, but I can make du), and raw veggie juice. For "dinner" you make a soup (which you much) of veggie soup. Also included are colon cleansing pills (you are supposed to have colonics, but I can't really see me doing that.) And, here's a biggie, no caffeine or alcohol. Well, since I don't have everything yet - I did have coffee yesterday and today. But, other than that, I've been good. I honestly wasn't hungary.

The diet is, optimally, supposed to last 21 days (and many people end up losing 21 pounds), but we'll see how it goes day-by-day.

Anyway, I'll update every day. I know, you can't wait, can you?