Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why I don't Watch Daytime TV

Because it is too farking stupid.

I missed Rosie's rant the other day on The View because I never watch that crap. But I did catch it on the intertubes. When I heard the applause , by a New York audience, to her line - "And just one second, radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America"-my first thought wasn't to wallow in despair that we were a nation of total fucking idiots, but instead to feel secure in the knowledge that on display was merely the low-caliber of intelligence (or rational thought) of those who watch daytime television.

A few years ago, I was shocked to learn that women I knew watched soap operas. I couldn't believe that anyone, over the age of 21, could find such dreck entertaining or interesting. I was so naive. It was said, long ago, that religion is the opiate of the masses. I disagree; mindless TV is the opiate.