Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm still mad

On 9/11-today- I opened my local newspaper to read this dreck:

Sept. 11 only heightened the misconceptions about Islam. Islam-phobia has risen in the post-Sept. 11 era among certain populations in the United States.
If there was a different administration [with] a difference language about the Muslim community and had a different foreign policy and a domestic agenda, and a different agenda on the so-called war on terror, I think Islam-phobia would decrease.Dawud Walid, executive director of CAIR


Look, buddy, 9/11 didn't heighten the misconceptions about Islam, your jihadist muslim Brothers did that with their actions. He references 9/11 as if it were just a date unattached to the most horrible act of terrorism committed in the name of HIS religion.

I remember 9/11. The World changed. My world changed. But, I'm not going to write about where I was, or what I did (although I remember everything about that day), because I'm sure others have more poignant tales to tell. And, I'm not posting a tribute to someone who died; or to the heros or victims in general. On this day, five years later I am mad. Mad again.

Mad because of people like Walid, for whom 9/11 is a date from which to trace his victimhood as a Muslim.

Mad because a movie about 9/11 moves politicians to make grave threats against a network lest their inactions against terrorists be widely exposed to a television watching audience.

Mad because people believe that appeasement will work.

Mad that this war is being fought on unequal footing; they act with 7th century barbarity, while we acting with a 21st century sense of human decency.

This list is by no means complete. But now I've gotten myself good and worked up.

Did anyone watch that miniseries last night?