Monday, February 21, 2005

Condi nugget

Deroy Murdock has an interesting article in today's NRO. In it, Murdock illustrates the fact that although American blacks vote in incredible numbers for the Democrats, the Republicans have been the party that historically fought for them. This issue is the subject of a book by Wayne Perryman, Unfounded Loyalty

While Condi Rice is treated like the House Nigger by the black community, her own personal history illustrates the absurdity of the juxtaposition of reality and myth of Republicans, Democrats, and blacks(from the Murdock article):

"The first Republican I knew was my father, and he is still the Republican I most admire," Rice has said. "He joined our party because the Democrats in Jim Crow Alabama of 1952 would not register him to vote. The Republicans did. My father has never forgotten that day, and neither have I."


It is just amazing.