Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Brother Appears

Yes, I left the hospital for all of you...

I'm going to keep this as a quick little update, but as of 5:00...

In the words of the surgeon I talked to, the actual incision Carin ended up with is similar to what would happen in a non-laparoscopic surgery, so the results and complications of it should be minor. Even before that discusion, Carin's Husband got to see her in recovery. In his words, she's "out of it" but I suppose for now thats for the best. He was planning on returning to the kids, but another has been found to watch them for the evening, given the minor complication.

Our Father is was almost done with Surgery. One of the surgeons came and talked to 'the family' and everything on his side went fine. We were going to find out his location shortly after five, but I had to leave. Following his time in recovery, he will be/was sent to the ICU. They will spend an hour to an hour and a half getting him settled and checked out once he gets there, and only then will he be allowed visitors. That should be around 7:00 PM.

I'm in a class right now, and it's sad when a grad class is so simple you can blog it, isn't it?

Expect my next post to bring word of the father, and tomorrow...

Blogging the Life of Carin without Carin - The Brother alone with the Kids