Thursday, March 10, 2005

Another reason to hate the UAW

I heard this story, last night before I retired, and was so angry I couldn't sleep. The UAW in Detroit has long allowed Marine reservists to park in their lot for weekend training (of course, it needn't be said that the UAW doesn't have a FULL lot on the weekends.) Tuesday morning, they were told they were no longer welcome if they drove a foreign car, or if they had a Bush sticker on their vehicle.

"While reservists certainly have the right to drive non-union made vehicles and display bumper stickers touting the most anti-worker, anti-union president since the 1920s, that doesn’t mean they have the right to park in a lot owned by members of the UAW.


Now, I'll try to refrain from profanity, but it's difficult. If I had the means, I would NEVER BUY ANOTHER AMERICAN CAR. Unions are destroying our manufacturing industry. The UAW cares only for it's own existence. How can they say they care for the worker, when they allow factories to CLOSE versus making a few changes in personnel? Living in Detroit, I have more than a few stories about the abuses of union workers - punching in for work, and then spending their day reading the newspaper and drinking from a bag (something my husband witnessed EVERY day.) That is enough to piss me off. But, now for these pukes to get indignant about a bumper sticker on a reservist's car? FEAR THE BUMPER STICKER.