Monday, January 21, 2008

Quick Reviews

Well, with nothing on tv, there is plenty of time for movies and books. Since I'm sick of, and depressed by, politics (note lack of blogging) I thought I'd throw this up.

Books first.

"I am Legend" by Richard Matheson - which, as it turns out, is more of a novella. EXCELLENT read. I didn't realize that the paperback I bought was actually the novella, and short stories. I thought I had another half of the book to go. I was distressed at the end.

"The Time Travers Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. Despite the fact that one of the characters is a time traveler, this isn't Science Fiction, but a love story. Good book.


Two Monster Movies:

The Host: South Korea, big monster. Of course, who is to blame for the monster? An American, of course.

Cloverfield: I loved it. I took SEVEN children to see it yesterday afternoon. It wasn't really "scary" - it was more like a thrill ride. Definitely worth a viewing, unless (of course) you are prone to motion sickness.