Thursday, January 11, 2007

Oooooh, what do I see here?

On my doorstep, I just found a "complimentary" copy of The Michigan Citizen, with the slogan "America's Most Progressive Community Newspaper" on it's masthead. Is "Michigan" a "community"? Oh, but let's not quibble. I'm sure this is going to be FUN.

Update - already, sorry. But, on page two, I find a story entitled "Gore Vidal says Bush has lied to the world." Isn't that just precious? But, it gets better. Because guess WHERE Vidal said this? Not JUST in Havana, but in the Che Guevara Hall. It's hard to say what is my favorite part, but this sure is good:

"In reality," Vidal stressed, "there has never been nor will there ever be democracy in the U.S., nor are there adequate political parties because the founding fathers wanted it that way."

From CUBA he makes this pronouncement.