Wednesday, June 17, 2009

chuckle du jour

Monica Conyers has been offered a plea deal in the bribery probe. Monica's got nothing to say, so far.

n her TV show, she stole a moment to call herself "a child of God," and told viewers "if you're not praying for me, then you're just adding to the problem."

And then she added: "All these things that are going on right now ... I believe in my heart that God will deliver me from them."


Of course, it was the end of the article that really got me.

I'm not going to talk to you today, tomorrow, next week," she told reporters from the Free Press and Associated Press. "What difference does it make?"

With that, Conyers put on sunglasses, climbed into a silver Ford Crown Victoria, and was driven away.


Conyers has a DRIVER. Oh, I see, it's not a "driver", it's protection.

Typically, only the council president has a police officer, who can also serve as a driver, accompany her regularly outside council chambers.
But individual council members can request protection.


Queen Vics are undercover police cars, you see.

This is such a clusterfuck of wrong.