Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Free to be Racist

Tonight, as I was running, two black teens yelled Run Forest, Run. Run from the niggers at me. I live in Detroit, in a racially mixed neighborhood Both of my immediate neighbors are racially mixed couples - and I'm not talking Irish/Italian mix. I have noticed that there are some racist people here - but they are mostly black racists. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. What the neighborhood isn't, is ghetto. But, those two (girls) who yelled at me are pure ghetto. I fumed as I ran. I was, basically, pissed.

I made sure I ran near their house again; preparing the admonishment I would give. They may have thought I was younger- I mean, the audacity to yell such a thing at an adult is pretty shocking, but that kind of stuff happened to me all the time when I was a young (and going to Detroit Public schools.

Anyway, the girls were gone, but there were to adult women out front. As nicely as I could, I informed the women what happen, who were horrified, and promised they would handle the situation.

Maybe Hillary was right; it takes a village.