Saturday, September 03, 2005

stopped up

I am so irritated by "events" that I can hardly blog. Kate at Small Dead Animals expresses so much of what is pissing me off. As does Jeff. There is insanity out there.

I want to ask, though - if Bush (and by extention - Republicans) hate black people (and thus haven't tried to "save" them) - why is it that Texas is offering so much help? One of the reddest "Red States?" Don't make this "about race", or it's gonna be about race.

And sorry, but the cold hard facts are that many of those who were trapped in NO, without food or water, did absolutely NOTHING to aid in their own survival. They were WARNED to leave (their own Mayor left!) And, I've heard the tales of many in the city who did prepare - who had food and water, and merely waited for rescue. Uncomfortable, but relatively save (unless, of course, you count the roaming gang of thugs who threaten to rape the women, and steal the food.)

Despite being very "Red" (which must mean I hate brown babies) - I will do what I can to help. I've given money, and I will continue to give money. I'm trying to get my husband to talk his company into doing some sort of collection of material goods that can be sent South. If refugees make it this far north, I will do what I can to help them. I am sympathetic not because of their color, but because they are HUMANS. Period. Now, I wish people would just STFU about this being a racial issue.