Friday, January 09, 2009

Sean Penn takes a trip

Sean Penn goes to meet Castro and Chavez, and discovers that the enemy is US. Hurl worthy:

I sat on the edge of my bed with my wife, son, and daughter, tears streaming down my face, as Barack Obama spoke for the first time as the President-Elect of the United States of America. I closed my eyes and started to see a film in my head. I could hear the music too, appropriately the Dixie Chicks covering a Fleetwood Mac song over slow-motion images in montage. There they were: Bush, Hannity, Cheney and McCain, Limbaugh, Robertson, Luis Posada Carilles...I saw them all. And the song was rising as the image of Sarah Palin took over the screen, Natalie Maines sweetly sang,

"And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills

till the landslide brought me down.

Landslide brought me down..."

And so, we should hope, will go what remains of this, our mountain of snakes.


See,this is the problem. Actors see history as a movie in their heads with soundtracks. They direct the facts and edit what doesn't fit their narrative.

Refer now, to the next post.