Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You Get What You Give

A quick note to all those parents who took their kids out begging last night (perhaps even to other/better neighborhoods) without decorating their own homes, or giving out any candy:

YOU TOTALLY SUCK.

People don't have to participate in Halloween. No one is forcing you to go that extra mile and add joy to our sometimes dreary little word. Wet blankets don't piss me off. Perhaps, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you oppose Halloween for religious reasons. Or, you know, perhaps you're a dentist or dietitian.

But, those of you out there who figure it's everyone else's obligation to create a holiday for your children;

YOU TOTALLY SUCK.

It's like Halloween welfare or something. The entitlement mentality.

You're lucky, though, that I'm good enough to hoist all the blame on YOUR shoulders. Your little demon spawn* are blameless.



And, FTR- My husband and I switch off as to who takes the kids around, and who deals with the beggars at the door.

*Hey, it was Halloween. I'm sure some were dressed as demon spawn.