Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Encouraged by Bob

I found this little nugget at one of the links River Rat sent me the other day :

In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding homicide warrants and 60 percent of outstanding felony warrants are for illegal aliens. American taxpayers are paying for the crimes of the 8,000 convicted aliens not yet caught and the incarceration costs of those who have been, estimated to add up to more than $1 billion a year — in just the states that border Mexico.


That, alone, is un-fraking believable.

You know, I totally understand why people want to move here, legally or otherwise. I totally get it, the USA is the greatest country (hey, so I'm patriotic, get over it.) If Latin American Countries could run things things a bit better perhaps people wouldn't be flooding our borders. But, for those who want to move here, and become patriotic, hard-working, honest Americans- I welcome them with open arms. As I commented in Partisan Pundits blog, nothing brings tears to my eyes like an immigrant waxing poetic about his new American Citizenship.

But, commit a crime? Live off of the welfare of our taxpayers? Surround yourselves with the basest of American society (the gangs, for example), and I say "Don't let the border hit you in the ass on the way out." We've got enough "legals" who live in lawless, self-defeating, morally-vacuous life. We don't need imports.